Lab tests can be one of the more expensive aspects of veterinary care. It’s frustrating for both veterinarian and owner when lab results are impacted by a problem with the sample. Dr. Buzby wants to ensure that you get the most out of your dog’s diagnostic tests by helping to ensure ideal samples are tested in the first place.
In this week’s episode, Dr. Buzby provides seven simple tips that might not save you money, but will maximize the value you and your dog get out of every lab test. Listen now to learn:
1. The importance of interpreting blood work and urine together
2. The advantage of testing a first-morning urine sample
3. Why a “fasted” sample is best
4. Why refrigeration is preferable
5. How much do you need
6. Tips for sample collection
7. What to put samples in
Loving the Buzby Dog Podcast? Share the show with friends or colleagues that love their dog, and subscribe to get every episode automatically in Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher Radio or anywhere you find podcasts!