Even during an emergency, your furry family members will need your love, care and attention. Traveling in evacuation for Hurricane Florence, Dr. Buzby shares 8 tips for preparing your family—furry and otherwise—for a disaster.
While this is the Buzby family’s third consecutive year evacuating during hurricane season, most of the planning Dr. Buzby had done previously was made ineffective by the storm’s path. Her story highlights the adage that “a plan may be useless, but planning is invaluable.”
Buzby Dog Disaster Preparation Tips:
1. Have a written plan and a backup plan.
2. Keep your dog’s current medical records with you.
3. Ensure your dog is current on vaccinations.
4. Don’t forget your first aid kit.
5. Provide for your dog’s physical needs—water, food, bowls, leash, etc.
6. Provide for your dog’s emotional needs—safety, security, routine, etc.
7. Board and Go? NO!
8. Always keep proper identification on your dog’s collar.
Loving the Buzby Dog Podcast? Share the show with friends or colleagues that love their dog, and subscribe to get every episode automatically in Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher Radio or anywhere you find podcasts!